Jun 6, 2014
- In our February Liberty Law Forum Steven Grosby and Bill Dennis weigh in with their essays on the Institutions of American Liberty.
- Nick Capaldi’s “To Make a Market” is our feature Books essay this week that reviews Lisa Herzog’s Inventing the Market: Smith, Hegel, & Political Theory.
- Alberto Mingardi of Econ Lib: What consequences for the Swiss referendum? But is there a larger context at work here that the standard libertarian account misses? I think that’s what Walter Russell Mead in Switzerland’s primal scream is arguing. I suspect that to this return of borders, nation-state politics, thumbs in the eyes of transnational progressive and corporate elites, Pierre Manent is saying ‘told you so’.
- Richard Epstein on why the classical liberal case against the contraception mandate is superior to a religious exercise argument.
- Don Boudreaux and Mark Perry in the WSJ on the myth of the stagnant middle class.
- Michael Paulsen asks if intellectual diversity in the legal academy is the most important thing?