Aug 14, 2015
- The cherry-picking Bruce Bartlett: Not that Law and Liberty is taking sides in the upcoming presidential election but bad analysis is bad analysis. David Henderson at Econ Log debunks Bartlett’s takedown of the Romney tax plan in two posts: See here and here.
- Hadley Arkes at Right Reason asks “Is Religious Liberty a Natural Right (link no longer available)?”
- Victoria Toensing on the Lilly Ledbetter Act: “Mr. Obama brags that the 2009 Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act bestowed equal-pay rights for women. The act, he has said, “is a big step toward making sure every worker,” male and female, “receives equal pay for equal work.” No, it was a teensy step. It merely changed how the statute of limitations is calculated.”
- Monks win! Monks win! and so does IJ, again … ever.
- An interview with Justice Antonin Scalia on Reading the Law.
- Chris Talley, President of Liberty Fund, talks with Reason TV about our work of defending liberty and responsibility in a scattering time.
- Amity Shlaes to Obama: You should be so lucky to have the economy of the Coolidge era; and, in any event, you know nothing about the economic policies of the 1920s.