Aug 31, 2012
- Garett Jones at Econ Log matches unemployment benefits with a timeless beer song: 99 weeks of unemployment benefits on the wall, you take one down, spread it around, and it raises unemployment by how much?
- Ted Frank directs our attention to the lengths the Justice Department will go to in order to defend the use of disparate impact theory as a tool in civil-rights litigation.
- When States Go Broke: a new faculty book podcast by the Federalist Society featuring David Skeel and Richard Hynes. See also the book of the same title edited by Skeel and Peter Conti-Brown.
- It’s good to live in the capital of the empire.
- Is Richard Fisher America’s leading conservative voice?
- Hadley Arkes on the “Ironies of Compelled Speech (link no longer available).”
- Ryszard Legutko’s Letter from Poland.