Oct 24, 2016
- In Law and Liberty’s Books section, Samuel Gregg reviews an important new book on the 900 hundred year old warrior, rebel, and priest, Thomas Becket.
- David Skeel on the rule of law. But see Todd Zywicki’s brilliant post a few months back in this space: Upholding the Rule of Law, in Season and out of Season.
- Arnold Kling at Econlog on the inescapable disjuncture between the ideal of government expansionism and the bleak realities we face.
- A different perspective on the protest antics of a certain notorious female Russian rock band.
- Interviewing Pierre Manent (link no longer available).
- The Economist recognizes Indiana’s education reforms.
- So we’ve heard about Chicago values but Joel Kotkin offers a helpful corrective with his post on the evolutionary fitness of Utah values.